Bylaws on the Virtual Private Network service associated with the ADC computer system
March 1st, 2013
- Article 1
- These bylaws define necessary issues in using the Virtual Private Network service (hereafter “the VPN service”) for accessing to the open-use computer system (hereafter “ADC system”) operated by the Astronomy Data Center (hereafter “Center”), National Astronomical Observatory of Japan (ADC/NAOJ) from outside of NAOJ. (Qualifications for a user)
- Article 2
- A person who can use the VPN service (hereafter “User”) must be a researcher not belonging to the NAOJ, who holds his/her valid user account to access either the Multi-wavelength Data Analysis subsystem or the Solar subsystem. (Application of the VPN account)
- Article 3
- A person who wishes to use the VPN service shall submit the application form to the director of the Center, which has to be approved by the director. For a person who belongs to an institute in foreign countries, a NAOJ staff in charge of acceptance of the person has to submit the application form for the person. (Approval and renewal of the VPN account)
- Article 4
(Restriction in accessing the VPN service)
- The director shall issue an account for accessing the VPN service (hereafter “VPN account”) upon approval of the application;
- The VPN account shall be valid for the same period as the user account; and
- The renewal of the VPN account must be made after the renewal of the user account.
- Article 5
(Prohibition of diversion of the VPN account)
- A user must not conduct any illegal network access (no violation of Unauthorized Computer Access Law) nor violate the law of Illegal network access and the Copyright Act;
- A user is restricted to access only to (a) subsystem(s) where the user has the user account; and
- Through the VPN service a user must not log in from the ADC system to any computer in any other subnet.
- Article 6
- A user must not use the VPN account for any other purpose than the accepted, and must not lend the VPN account to others. (Report)
- Article 7
A user has to report to the director provided that
the followings occur while the VPN account is valid:
(Revocation of the VPN account)
- When the user terminates the use of the ADC system or the VPN service; and
- When the user’s affiliation or position is changed.
- Article 8
- The director may revoke or suspend the VPN account when a user violates these bylaws or uses the ADC system for any other purpose than the accepted.
The original document: " Bylaws on the Virtual Private Network service associated with the ADC computer system "