- How to get Hinode data
- Information of Hinode data
- Data analysis systems for Hinode data
- Hinode data analysis guides
How to get Hinode data
All the observing data obtained with Hinode are avilable from Hinode/DARTS. Hinode/DARTS is a web-based comprehensive data archive hosted at ISAS/JAXA. The data search and aquisition system for the Hinode is developped by C-SODA, ISAS/JAXA in collaboration with Hinode Science Center/NAOJ. The amount of data obtained with the Hinode is quite large because the Sun is close enough to us to resolve its dynamic features and the Sun synchronous orbit of the spacecraft allows continuous observation. Besides that, the Hinode normally focus on a part of the Sun in order to achieve high spatial resolution. Thus it is crucial to provide a database with which users can easily find the data of interest.
The following are the key features of Hinode DARTS.
- Web-based interface: Anyone can use the system with conventional web-browser.
- Quick look image: Quick look image is provided to see the contents immediately after the query. There is also a plot showing the location of the field of view on the Sun.
- Data acquisition through FTP: All the requested data are compressed into a single tar file, which can be retrieved from our FTP site.
Information of Hinode data
All Hinode obsering data are archived as FITS files. In the following page and documents, the format of Hinode FITS files and the FITS headers are described.
- Hinode Level-0 FITS file
- Hinode Mission-Wide FITS keywords list: SB_MW_Key13.pdf
- SOT FITS keyword list: SOT_level0_keywords.pdf
- XRT FITS keyword list: XRT_FITS_header.pdf
- EIS FITS keyword list
Hinode Science Center held two training sessions of Hinode data analysis before launching Hinode satellite. The presentation materials in the workshop are useful to understand Hinode observing data (The documents are written in Japanese).
- 1st Traning Session of SOLAR-B Data Analysis (2006.2.22) : 1st_TS_materials.pdf
- 2nd Training Session of SOLAR-B Data Analysis (2006.6.27): 2nd_TS_materials.pdf
Data analysis systems for Hinode data
The astronomy data center of NAOJ provides the data analysis system (SDAS) for Hinode data to researches, in coorperation with Hinode Science Center/NAOJ. If you are a staff or graduate student of an institute or university, you can use the environment. The details about the SDAS can be found the following web page.
The Institute for Space-Earth Environmental Researcg (ISEE), Nagoya University also provides the data analysis system to reserachers. The details of Nagoya's system are described in the following web page.
Hinode data analysis guides
The PI team of each instrument provides the data analysis guide in their web page. Please visit the following sites.
- Solar Optical Telescope on Hinode @ LMSAL: Data Access
- The X-Ray Telescope on Hinode @SAO: Tutorials
- Hinode/EIS Website @MSSL/UCL: Analisys Software UserGuides
Before publishing your result obtained from Hinode data ...
Let us stress that the entire Hinode operation relies on public funding, and it is extremely important for us to produce outputs that are visible and accountable, in continuing the current stable and fruitful operation which we hope the scientific community enjoys. As an attempt to ensure this, we would like to present rules and guidances in the web page "Instruction for Hinode data users". I would like to ask you read the page before publishing your results based on Hinode data.
When you have questions and comments about Hinode data analysis, please send e-mail to situmon(at)hinode.nao.ac.jp .